Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Minneapolis St Paul home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Minneapolis St Paul“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly for full price (because we’re actively buying houses in Minneapolis St Paul Minnesota right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. Your property is one of the biggest things that will need to be dealt with and where do you start? Traditionally good folks like you would call a Realtor and ask an agent how long will it take to sell you house? That might not be the best for you when you are stressed about all the changes happening.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Minneapolis St Paul, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades, remember 2008 where people could not give their homes away, many just walked away from the property, otherwise they went through the bank foreclosing on them . Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Minneapolis St Paul Minnesota house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Minneapolis St Paul… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent in your local city or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the house. We come alongside you and determine the true value. We look at similar houses that have sold in your area that are in similar condition.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie for many homeowners. I’ve seen professionals who needed to sell their house and relocate out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. When a real estate agent puts your house up for sale at the incorrect selling price (too high) it can sit for months. When a buying agent sees that the house has been up for sale for over 30 days let alone 180 days they know they can get it cheaper. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer here in the metro area and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses fast and for as much as possible, right? But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the true dollar amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $250,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,350/mo, taxes $250/mo, $130/mo for insurance, and $110/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, snow removal, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,840/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $250,000… it cost you $12,880 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $15,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $27,8800 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, your time thinking and worrying, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $35,000. That $250,000 home is now only netting you $215,000 But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $220,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Sell Home AS IS: When selling your home to a home buying company, you do not have to do any repairs, clean up, or even take out things you didn’t need when you moved. Home buying companies take the worry out of your unwanted house after you moved. The bottom line is this. You are able to walk away from the house with money in your pocket, leaving things as is, and no cleaning, fuss, or worries.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Minneapolis St Paul Minnesota agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price without doing the repairs, cleaning or updates. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses in the city around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point. A smart Real Estate pro told me once that the price of a house is determined by supply vs demand. If there are better homes on the block that many buyers want, they will sell for a higher price. on the other hand, if there are not many buyers for your house, the price will be lower. simple economics.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers. They want to either sell or rent your real estate, not do either or at the same time. but it can be done.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners or agents to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers put down a downpayment that you both decide on and then rent the property for an agreed time before buying. We have seen this as a great option for many people in your situation, it just all takes time and effort on your end. We will do our best to make it easy for you.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Minnesota Cash Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Minneapolis St Paul?
We’re investors and do it full time here in the metro area. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Minneapolis St Paul home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with a real estate agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees – 6% in the average today
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition). We like doing the repairs, getting rid of unwanted stuff or just take over it from you because of emotional hardship.
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Minneapolis St Paul community.
We’re honest and straightforward family folks.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off. And could be your best option. We talk with good people every day with interesting situations they need to take care of. In reality, it is the reason we get up each day to help good people like you take your worries away.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Minneapolis St Paul metro area real estate, so please feel free to call us at (612) 444-5088 and chat with us anytime.