If you’ve been driving around in Minneapolis St Paul metro area, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses. I will not give you any names but think of Ugly or someone with there hands out wide stating Guaranteed offer. they often don’t say it directly, but in reality, they are We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul Company– Are They Credible? You be the judge.
Other times you see small signs at intersections of roads that say things like “We Buy Minneapolis St Paul Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”. You get the idea, right?
Are These “We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Well… sometimes they all look the same at the start… but below we’ll walk you through some things to look for in a local house buying company before you should work with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of house buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad. That is the reason that many good people who would like to sell their house are asking the question: Are These “We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul metro area Companies” Credible?
There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time. They help many folks out of difficult situations where they may be losing their home to the bank, inherited the home, or just don’t want to deal with selling it threw an agent.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money. These are the people that give the business a bad name.
Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule. They are really there to serve you. They listen to what your needs really are and figure out creative ways to help you out of the situation.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing in the Twin Cities.
What Reputable Minneapolis St Paul House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping good folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative or new job. Sometimes is dealing with mom and dad’s old house that the family inherited. We get it and have gone down this road hundreds of times with people. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind. solving one issue after another.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale. That hassle starts with getting it ready to sell. Cleaning, repairs, updating are things brokers encourage homeowners to do to get top dollar. When you get top dollar, they get a larger commission.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title company reps, loan officers, administrators, and many other folks along the way. In the summer we pride ourselves on hiring high school and college young adults to help them get started in life. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Minneapolis St Paul MN.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Minneapolis St Paul metro area neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned, boarded up, city-owned, and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Minneapolis St Paul. We have been doing this for years and have pride of what can be accomplished with a little hard work and imagination.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. On average, our homes increase in the value of $40,000. Think about new roofs, new kitchens, and bathrooms, totally painting or redoing hardwood floors. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring. In reality, what we do it a lot of cleaning hauling out stuff, delayed maintenance, and painting. No exciting enough for TV, but it makes a real difference in a neighborhood or local community.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time and within a budget so good folks can afford homeownership again. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest. We know of people who say one thing and totally do something different. When you talk to that kind of people you get a gut feeling that something is not right. My parents always told me that you only have to work with nice people. Well, we are going to add to that thought “Mom and Dad”, and say you only need to work with nice, caring, reputable, knowledgeable, and honest people. 🙂
remember the Question? We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul Companies – Are They Credible?
Ask open-ended questions of the person who wants to buy your home, for example:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for telltale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use. When you see any of these runs from… We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul Companies – Are They Credible? NO
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up. We have professional title companies here in the twin cities who do an amazing job. We pay for their professional services because we want to make sure at the closing that everything is taken care of.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services in Minneapolis St Paul will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. No Pressure. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Minnesota Cash Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month all over the twin cities and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale. You are always in control.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview. Ask many questions and flush out those bad eggs. There are good ones out there, you just need to do your homework for the best cash for homes buyers in Minneapolis St Paul.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions. That’ OK, you want to find someone who will put in the time, answer your questions and makes you feel like they have your best interests at heart instead of just theirs. Here is a great post on selling a house for cash in Minneapolis St Paul with all cash processional home buyer.
True investors who run honest and ethical Minneapolis St Paul house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development. One house at a time.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Minneapolis St Paul companies“… Ugly houses or Full offer guaranteed with hands spread out wide, never be afraid to ask questions! So as we get to the end, did we help you understand more about your ultimate question of We Buy Houses in Minneapolis St Paul Companies – Are They Credible? You be the judge or better yet, call us and ask us the open ending questions. No pressure on our end.